Monday, May 7, 2012

This baby thing is harder then I thought!

That sounds so dumb, but it's true. I think I was a little spoiled, because my nephew (who is now 2.5), was truly the best baby! I had been a huge part of H's babyhood, and he really was a laid back baby. He was happy just being moved from different baby item to baby item. Put him in his bouncy chair, move him to the play mat, play in the excersaucer, eat, nap, repeat.

William, not so much. He was pretty colicky for the first 3 months, and I could never put him down. Thankfully, he is starting to out grow that. We are now seeing a completely different baby. He used to cry non stop when he was awake. That slowly changed to crying not as often. Now, he really only cries when has bad gas, or is really tired. Unfortunately, he suffers from both fairly often, and usually the two go hand in hand. He hates sleeping in his bouncy chair, swing, or out for a walk. He loves sleeping in my arms. :) And tolerates sleeping swaddled in his crib.

But, as I write this, he is swaddled in his bed, on his second 45 minute stretch. I expect him to wake up soon, as the 45 minutes is almost up! :)

His smiles and laughs by far make up for his past colicky behaviour, so we are moving on to bigger and better things!

If we can get his napping under control, I'm sure we will see a super happy baby, the majority of the time.

(last night he slept great. Asleep by 9:30. Nurse at 2:30, and 6, on and off til 9, when momma dragged her lazy ass out of bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment