Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sleep....or lack their of

I love sleep. Before Will came along, I would sleep almost 10 hrs a night, and still want more. I could nap during the day, and still fall asleep at night.

Since Will was born, I think I can count on one hand the number of naps I've had. I just can't do it anymore. Even when he was first born and people were here all the time to help out, they would tell me to go nap. But, sleep wouldn't come.

Now, my problem is that when Will wakes up in the night, I can't fall back asleep. I sometimes will lie there for an hour, thinking, he's going to wake up soon. If I don't sleep now, I will be up in 30 minutes, etc. etc. Sometimes I make Sam get up and put Will back to sleep. But even then, I can't fall asleep!

I think I'm functioning pretty well considering I don't get much sleep. People tell me I look good, and rested. (As if they would say anything else.)

So needless to say, I'm looking forward to when Will sleeps through the night (and through a full nap cycle). But in the meantime, I'm trying to treasure these moments when he wakes up and its just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment